Remember when the “25 Random Things” was going around Facebook? Someone would write 25 random things about themselves, then tag 25 of their friends. Those 25 friends were supposed to then write 25 random things about themselves and so on.
Anyway, here are my 25 Random Things that I posted on Facebook awhile back. I had to change the number of years in number 1, but other than that, it’s all the same.
I hope you enjoy! Here’s a little about me:
1. I have not used a microwave in over 10 years.
2. I love facebook and am admittedly addicted! I love that I can talk to and keep in touch with people I otherwise would not have been able to find!
3. I could spend all day sitting on the couch cuddling with my kids watching movies (and sometimes we do!).
4. Ignorance frustrates me, but stupidity infuriates me.
5. I was never vaccinated and have a doctorate… so much for the idea you can’t go to school if you aren’t vaccinated! Not only am I not vaccinated, I don’t take drugs…. Except for when I have dental work done…I am just not that tough. However, I didn’t take drugs after I broke my wrist as a kid or when I broke my ankle or when I had my kids. For some reason, when it comes to dental work, I can’t fathom just ‘taking’ that kind of pain! I have known people that do that (my mom) and I think they’re crazy!
6. I watch Friends episodes every night in bed.
7. If I knew nothing about health, I would drink sweet tea every day, all day.
8. Drug commercials make me laugh at the end when they list that the “side effects may include blood clots, stroke, heart attack, or death”! And then I get sad that people hear that and still think drugs aren’t dangerous and take them for every little headache or ear ache. If only they knew there was another way….
9. I don’t like most breakfast foods. I only enjoy the ones that are bad for you and won’t allow myself very often… biscuits and gravy and bacon.
10. I have 3 kids whom were all born at home.
11. My first language is English, I know a little sign language, and I am fluent in sarcasm.
12. I don’t do scary movies. I don’t see the point.
13. For all my Italian friends out there… I break my spaghetti in half before cooking it. Just don’t tell your grandmothers and I’m sure we can still be friends.
14. I am extremely natural minded in everything that I do… BUT I love my technology! Not sure what I would do without my computer and cell phone.
15. I home school my kids. There are many reasons for this, but mostly I want to be the main influence in their lives in their formative years. I don’t want the schools to brainwash them… I want to be the one to brainwash them!
16. I love garlic and feel that most meals are better with garlic in them.
17. As a child, I played softball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer, and was in gymnastics. Softball and volleyball were my faves until high school… I broke my wrist before volleyball tryouts and didn’t do any sports my freshman year. Then, I played tennis and soccer the last 3 years… ironically, those were the only years I played those sports. Weird. Not sure why I picked to play sports I had never played before. Not sure why I am choosing to write so long on this subject…
18. I am a chiropractor, but currently stay home with my kids and love it. I will use my degree some day…not sure when.
19. I was a vegan for about a year and a vegetarian for a lot longer. I started eating animal products during the end of my first pregnancy because I couldn’t live without it anymore (so I thought) and I have never gone back.
20. My children are vegan for the first 2 years of life or so. Then we start polluting their bodies just like we do ours. (see #11)
21. I was born in Kansas City Mo. and lived there until I was 14 and we moved to Chattanooga. I lived there until I was 19 and then moved to Atlanta. Now I live in a little town outside of Nashville. When people ask me where I’m from, I never know what to say…
22. And I always get the “where are you from” question when talking to someone down south, because I don’t sound like I’m from there…. However, when I go back to KC, they say I have a southern accent! I can’t win!
23. I played trumpet for about 10 years.
24. I tend to be late for things. So much so that whenever we are getting ready to go somewhere, Benjamin will ask me “Are we running late?”.
25. I also tend to procrastinate. This 25 things took me getting tagged a handful of times to do it… and then it took a few weeks to write…. Oh well.