The SchoolhouseTeachers site has so much to it, that it’s hard for me to even know where to begin telling you about it!
The first thing I want to point out are the SchoolhouseDailies. Within that category, there are subcategories, including math, grammar, this day in history, recipes, writing, and more! I really the the, This Day in History. It lists a couple facts about what happened on that day in history, then gives lesson ideas and things to expand on it. I am also loving the Daily Writing portion of the SchoolhouseDailies. It gives a writing prompt for your children every day. And some days, there are separate prompts for younger kids versus older kids.
And, right now, they have a special portion of the SchoolhouseDailies highlighting the Summer Olympics! It goes over what will be done that day of the competitions. Then it gives you questions to go over, like, “What do a barani, a fliffus, and a quadriffus all have in common?”. And then it gives you a geography based activity to do that goes with that day.
As you can probably already tell, the SchoolhouseDailies are added to, well, daily! This is probably my favorite part of the entire website. There is so much more to the site, though. You will have access to The Old Schoolhouse current and back issues, monthly e-books, Schoolhouse Expo recordings (coming soon), monthly reading list and Schoolhouse Planners!
And, they have lessons in so many different subjects, I dare to say you could use this site as your only curriculum! Don’t quote me on that, I’m still exploring the site, but my goodness there is a lot of stuff here!
Here’s a breakdown of what you get with your membership:
Member Benefits and Privileges
Daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans and assignments are available 24/7/365 at the all new SchoolhouseTeachers.com.
1. Members-only access to lesson materials in these subject areas: Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Geography, History, Home Economics, Literature, Math, Music, Reading, Writing . . . and so much more!
2. The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine delivered straight to your inbox, monthly.
3. All The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine digital back issues—easily searchable, a fantastic feature that enables you to go directly to articles of interest.
4. The Homeschool Minute™ weekly E-Newsletter.
5. Download all five Schoolhouse Planners—the Parent version (hundreds of pages), all Student planners (3 versions) and the Special Needs planner.
6. 12 E-books from the Schoolhouse Store—one per month during the first year of membership.
7. All available TOS Expo-To-Go recorded sessions—including all future recordings, for the duration of membership.
8. After 12 months of uninterrupted membership, you will receive a $25 gift certificate to the “Totally TOS” section of the Schoolhouse Store.
The 2011-2012 Schoolhouse Planners, filled with scores of articles, helps, tips, calendars, and more—literally hundreds of pages of homeschool helps—are now free and yours to download! Just go to the Schoolhouse Planner page.
Please go check it out for yourself. You could start with looking at their sample pages to give you an idea if it is something you would be interested in using in your home.
Information at a glance:
What is it? SchoolhouseTeachers.com – a Comprehensive website with LOTS of resources for the homeschool family
For whom? Kids of all ages and even if you don’t care to use it for you kids, the price of the membership to use the site would be worth it just to have access to the planners!
How much is it? Only $1 for the first month and then $5.95/month after that. You can cancel at anytime you decide it’s not for you.