Zane Education is an online learning source where your children/students can watch educational videos. The site can be overwhelming at first, with over 2500 videos in 11 subjects! Thankfully, though, the videos are organized by subject and easy to find what you want to watch.
My kids are not necessarily auditory learner, so one of the things I like about the videos on Zane is that they all have subtitles. This aspect of Zane is what they call, The Missing Piece. They are currently the first and only online learning company to have subtitles/captioning on their videos. I’ve told the kids that if they have a hard time understanding something, to pause the video and read it. That has helped a lot when it comes to getting the information from the video. I am thankful that Zane thought to do this!
Another thing that I love about Zane Education is that they don’t just have videos. They also have lesson plans and online quizzes to ensure your child is actually understanding and retaining the information that is provided.
My kiddos have enjoyed the videos they have had a chance to watch so far. I am happy to say this will become a part of our curriculum we will use next year! What’s great is that you don’t have to think of Zane Education as another thing you have to do in your homeschool day. If you are studying Columbus, then go on Zane and search for a Columbus video to add to what you are already doing.
From the Zane website:
- The essential and compelling visual learning teaching resource for every K-12 classroom.
- Provides for different learning styles
- Curriculum aligned to National and State Standards
- The Missing Piece! enables students to study each topic effectively PLUS improve their reading and literacy skills at the same time. Important for no child is left behind!
- Enables each child to study at their own speed and thereby achieve their greatest potential.
Information at a glance:
What is it? Zane Education ~ An online resource for learning videos for ages K-12
How much is it? With the exception of the online subtitled video library which is a Premium Service, all of
the other resources provided on the website are free to use after a user has completed the
Registration form for a free Basic Membership. And yes, even the Math videos (without subtitles)
are free to use.
The use of Zane’s online subtitled video library is a Premium Service which requires the upgrading of the free Basic Membership to one of the following three options.
- GOLD MEMBERSHIP provides access to the videos for all topics at just $17.99 per month or $197.89 per year.
- SILVER MEMBERSHIP provides access to the videos for all topics in a particular Age/Grade at just $12.99 per month or $142.89 per year.
- BRONZE MEMBERSHIP provides access to the videos for all topics in a particular Subject at just $8.99 per month or $98.89 per year.
You can also use this code: ZE558HSM for a 35% discount on the purchase of any annual 12-month Gold, Silver or Bronze Membership subscription! Code will expire Aug. 31, 2012.