By now, you have probably figured out I love easy meals!
Here’s another one for you!
This tastes like lasagna, but it’s just not as pretty.
- 32 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 10 oz. (or so) of spinach (this can be fresh or frozen)
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef (drained of grease)
- 1/2 lb. cooked lasagna noodle (break them up into pieces before cooking)
- 8 oz. cottage or ricotta cheese (I use cottage cheese)
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (This is to taste. I actually don’t put parm in this most of the time, because hubby doesn’t like it. The kids and I just put it on top on the plate and it is good that way.)
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 T basil
- 2 T oregano
- 1 T garlic
- 1 T onion
- 1 t salt
Put everything in your crock pot except for the noodles and your fresh spinach. If you are using frozen spinach, go ahead and put that in, too.
Stir ingredients until well mixed.
Turn on crock pot and cook on low for 2 hours (I’ve had it on low for as much as 5 hours, but if you do that, add some water or it will too dry). Everything is already cooked. You are basically just warming it up, melting the cheeses and allowing all the ingredients to meld together.
Just before you are ready to eat, add the fresh spinach if you are using it and add your noodles. Mix it all up and allow to sit for 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.